The new car is powered by a 6.6 litre twin turbo charged V12 engine which produces 563 hp and 780Nm of torque at only 1,500 rpm, Ghost Extended Wheelbase accelerates from 0-100km/h in just five seconds. An intelligent, four-corner air suspension aims at delivering the best ride + handling combo.
The four-seater Ghost has seen exceptional demand since its India launch in 2010. The Ghost Extended Wheelbase will be built to order and is available in only limited numbers for 2011 until full production begins in 2012.
Paul Harris, Asia Pacific Regional Director said: “Akin to the unique and spectacular Maharajah cars of the past, current Rolls-Royce customers are commissioning our Bespoke department to create contemporary motor cars as unique as their own fingerprints. This demand has led us to add more craftspeople to our bespoke team and to extend the manufacturing plant to accommodate this growth.”
A complex computer system reads multiple inputs from sensors around the car whilst the dampers alone make individual load calculations every 2.5 milliseconds ensuring perfect poise, balance and handling. Anti-roll stabilisation, dynamic brake control and dynamic traction and cornering brake control work together under dual Integrated Chassis Management.
Passengers have access to TV channels, CDs and radio or to browse the navigation menu. The accompanying audio system delivers 600 Watts through a 10-channel amplifier and 16 speakers. USB and auxiliary inputs allow external audio devices to be integrated.
Some Interesting facts about Rolls-Royce cars
- Each Rolls-Royce passes through up to 60 pairs of hands before leaving the Home of Rolls-Royce at Goodwood, England.
- Each cars goes through a meticulous, seven day painting and polishing process
- The first of five stages starts with a phosphate electro-coat to protect against corrosion.
- This is followed by a layer of primer, colour coat and two layers of clear lacquer.
- The body is sanded between each layer and hand-polished for five hours after the application of the final coat.
- 12 exterior colours are available, each of which can be contrasted by an optional Silver Satin bonnet.
- Only the finest materials are selected for the interior.
- A Ghost Extended Wheelbase wood-set has at least 3m² of veneer, consisting of 18 wood parts and takes 16 days to complete.
- Each individual piece consists of 11 layers of veneer, one layer of foil and one of aluminium to provide strength.
- Their natural beauty is brought to life by the skill of those working in the Wood Shop, providing high quality wood veneers in four different finishes ranging from contemporary straight grain to classic burr finishes.
- A veneer option includes the famed Malabar wood from India. The veneers are milled and sanded by hand before being coated with five layers of lacquer for protection – and to give the trademark mirror-like sheen.
- As with every Rolls-Royce model service and maintenance is covered by a condition-based service package for the first-four years, regardless of mileage.
- It has taken Rolls-Royce Motor Cars just seven years to achieve record sales of 2,711 cars in 2010 since Phantom was first launched in 2003. It took Rolls-Royce Motors, the previous company, more than 70 years to achieve the same figure in a single year.